Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MODEL SPOTLIGHT. (Debbie Cakes)

When choosing a model to do a spotlight on; i normally choose a model with unique style and lots of confidence... and boy does Debbie have this!! she's gorgeous, one of a kind, a true DIVA i might add- and a sweetheart. from working with one of my favorite photographers tasha bleu catching my attention to now on my blog catching yours!! ladies and gentlemen meet little miss debbie:)

name. Deborah Rodrigues (or Debbie Cakes!)

sex. Female
age. 20
location. East Providence, RI

quick bio. Fashion has been my life, ever since I learned to walk into my sister's closet! I'm Cape Verdean, I speak both CV & Portuguese. I am the

youngest of 10 kids.. My personality is very friendly & bubbly, & I love

making friends everywhere I go. My dreams are to be an idol,

known for my big hair & sense of fashion! I'm also a sucker for love, "I wear my heart on my sleeve like it's the new fashion". I'm currently attending school in Boston, in pursuit of making my dreams come true and

becoming succesful.
personal style. i like to

wear sneakers with my

dresses, & i love accessorizing. I've just started embracing my womanhood tho, leaving

my kicks behind. I'm taking advantage of my employee discount at Bakers Shoes :)

fashion inspirations. I'm in love with the 80's, I don't

care if it's played out.

idols. My sister Isabel

Rodrigues Johnson, my boyfriend Khary Durgans,

& Janelle Monae.

what models inspire you. Chanel Iman, my cousin Ligia Rodrigues (google her!), & I must give credit to the lovely Tyra

Banks of course for paving the way for us

rookies.

most fashionable celeb. Rihanna & Lady Gaga, I can't choose between the two!

favorite designer. Betsey Johnson & the late Alexander Mcqueen

<3

describe your favorite photoshoot. It is entitled "Love Lockdown". The photographer (Tasha Bleu)

had me shooting in a very vintage embroided top that went down to my waste, with a lot of leg showing! My hair was all curly & savage looking, & my make up was to die for!

We found this really old police car that had been painted black & looked very foreign. Along with another male model (friend), we shot quickly in case the owner of this alien space craft

decided

to come outside at any moment! Very fun and risky..

signature pose. Still working on it, just trying a lil' of everything for now!

career path. Although modeling is fun, styling is my passion! I am in school for

Fashion Merchandising, hoping to become a Personal Stylist one

day.

favorite photographer. Tasha Bleu <3

when did you start modeling. Less than a month ago, unfortunately.

what made you start modeling. The camera & I

can be best friends sometimes. After many comments/suggestions on my facebook pictures, I decided to take a shot at it to see if it could take me

anywhere!

wearing today. Mickey Mouse graphic tee, Gap Ultra Low Rise Cherry Hipster underwear. I'm home

relaxing O:)

favorite clothing line. French Connection, H&M, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel <3

people refer to you as what (hippie, diva, skater, etc.). My style is so

diverse, nobody would know how to label me. Taking a stab at it, I'd say.. Urban meets Indie. But again, I can be very versatile.

personal quote. Sometimes you may find yourself at the right place, at the right time by accident.. So be patient, everything takes time!

whats on your ipod. Drake, Janelle Monae, K.I.T., Kid Cudi, La Roux, J. Cole, Kanye West, A Tribe Called Quest,
Camp Lo, Linkin Park, Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna, Real Carrera, Alicia Keys (& many more!)

webpage. facebook.com/debcakesxo, twitter.com/debcakesxo, ModusoperandiOfCakes.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...